[REACT-LIST] Ware is REACT When the When Sum One Needs HELP

Bobby Adler texaspappyroberts at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:15:02 EST 2017

I hate to tell you this, but things have changed for the better. Back in
the day, there were no cell phones, & only a few REACT members had ham
licenses. Now, almost everyone has a cell phone & since the FCC removed a
code requirement for Technician level amateur radio, many REACT MEMBERS are
licensed hams. I applaud your commitment to CB 9 & 19, and it would be nice
if more people listened. That said, I doubt that is going to be the case.
One last thing - in many areas, our repeaters allow phone patch. Even
without a cell phone, we can get help. I'm REACT LM 299, & amateur call
N5NY. I haven't used a CB radio for at least 20 years, but have called in
many emergencies observed in my car as well as using ham radio RACES to
report vital weather information to assist in public safety during weather
emergencies. I was certified at 40 wpm Morse Code & participated in
handling message traffic during national and international emergencies.
Best of luck with your CB, but I suggest you keep an open mind about
change. I have, because I fought hard to keep the code requirement. Today,
I understand that it ain't about me. Peace

--
Bobby A

If you do not wish to receive this, or any other email from this address,
please reply with "remove" as the subject to have your name taken off of
any distribution list used by this address. You may also forward any of
these emails to anyone who you feel might enjoy the subject matter. Thank
you.