[REACT-LIST] CB Radio Recommendations

Paul Bowling - W4ATN Paul at W4ATN.com
Tue Jan 26 02:58:14 EST 2016

Thanks Stan. I read the article and the one thing that caught my attention is that it will take over an hour assemble and tune the Maco V58. That will work for a permanent installation but I’d like to have something to assemble quickly and easily for EmComm use. I suppose that the assembly time could be cut considerably with marking the tubing once assembled. Still putting together several sections with clamps is time consuming. I like my Diamond X-300 for amateur use and use several times each year for our clubs Public Service events. I’d like a CB antenna that is easy to screw together and install the radials and not worry about the tuning. The Solarcon A99 with ground plane kit looks promising but I’d like to see some reviews.

Paul

Paul – W4ATN

Grid: FM18qw

From: s.walters at reactintl.org [mailto:s.walters at reactintl.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 01:20
To: Paul Bowling - W4ATN <Paul at W4ATN.com>; react-list at lists.reactintl.net; 'RI Communications' <reactcommunications at yahoogroups.com>; 'RI Yahoo' <reactintl at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [REACT-LIST] CB Radio Recommendations

Here is a good article on base antennas. 5/8 wave are best for gain as far as vertical omnis go. While this article is a sales pitch for the one the author built for review, he mentions other brands and does some comparison. Might point at a solution. I have a base antenna some one gave me. It’s the A99. I have it taken apart and as a winter project I intend to clean it (take rust off) and get all new screws for it, rebuild it and get it out on a warm day.

Stan

http://cbradiomagazine.com/Antenna%20Reviews/Maco%20V%205-8/Maco%20V%205-8%20Antenna%20Review.htm