[REACT-LIST] Open letter to teams in Region 5

Stan AB3EM ab3emqsl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 00:41:18 EST 2016

An open letter to the REACT teams in Region 5,

A grave injustice has been done without your knowledge or approval, but all quite legal. The RI Board has appointed a REACT member from Texas to be your Director. How was this done?

One team in Region 5 allowed this member from Texas to become a member of their team. By being a member of a team in Region 5, the member from Texas can be the Region 5 Director.

I offer you an alternative. You deserve a voice, a choice as to who represents your interests on the Board. As a former Board member, Region 1 Director and Chairman of the Board, I will have your best interests at heart. I will serve your teams with all my energies. I recognize that the title of "Director" does not mean "Dictator", but rather "servant". And that is what I will do, I will serve you. We can do everything electronically these days. I cannot promise I will come there physically although I won't rule it out. But I will answer your questions and concerns, offer advice and counsel and help you in every way I can. You see, I am a Team President too. Have been for 10 years. I know what struggles you have because I have them too.

I am a busy person. I am the local Emergency Management Coordinator for the area where I live. I am a member of my town Council. I work for a living, I am not retired. I am a lot like each of you. I am a licensed HAM and GMRS user.

If and when someone from Region 5 decides they can be Director, I will gladly step down and let them take over. I'll resign and the Board can appoint a willing volunteer from the region. I won't insist on filling my term just because it gives me a title or so I can beat my chest.

I am a person of integrity. I value old fashion things like honesty, virtue and treating others with respect and kindness. Everyone matters. You can even contact teams in Region 1 to verify what I say. I will do all that I can to help. If I don't know the answer I will go and find it.

The only thing that needs to happen is that one team in Region 5 has to allow me to become a dues paying member of their team, with the knowledge that I will not be able to attend meetings or join in your activities. That will allow me to server you as Region 5 Director.

The choice is yours. One of your own would be best. But I cannot stand by and have you stuck with the Board appointed Director from Texas.

Stanton L. Walters
York County REACT, Region 1