[REACT-LIST] Old Call Signs

Ron McCracken ron.mccr at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:14:44 EST 2016

 Below is some more input on old call signs from Bob Hitch. His has to be one of the earliest call signs in CB among current REACTers, I imagine. I had not seen one like it. If you can recall PURAC, Bob was a REACT representative to that FCC advisory panel, too. Too bad FCC dropped it. Enjoy this bit of nostalgia.

A long long long time ago my first Class D CB Licence issued in early
1959  was   10W3180   Company Call

 OOPS! Uncle Charlie mistake  canceled several month later was
actually series call for another country.

Years later applied for my own call which was  KQV 5175.  Gonset
Radio

Then as Chuck  has mentioned  Dallas County Was issued KBP 6103
the  4-20-81 version was for 800 Transmitters.

Yup back in the Hay day of CB Radio 400 Plus members.   Some one
on team knew someone  in DC which later

was moved to  Gettysburg where Richard Evert was Boss and the
Plane English no legalese Rules were in effect.

Can't remember when Channel Nine was designated Emergency and Road assistance
frequency.

Could tell you all sorts of additional tales but won't bore anyone.
Chuck is right to my knowledge never was a Test for CB.

    In fact at onetime you could make up your own call
sign.

Bob Hitch  U 14  Dallas County REACT  TX  formerly
Operation REACT Watch of Dallas County (OCT 1967)
LM 181

TECH +  WB5WUB (Oct 1976)  General (2000)?Rule Changes

Brilliant strategy to pay off your credit card
These responses are not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. ...
http://www.nextadvisor.com/blog/2015/01/02/chase-slate-best-bet-for-balance-transfers/?kw=grav_dsk_mltarg_strategy-1-8&grvVariant=4f0bb69fee6fa100cf2fe6340c5a7ed7