[REACT-LIST] My CB Radio Call

Ron McCracken ron.mccr at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 20:33:39 EST 2016

My call is KDD-5784.

Like you, I still use it in my travels. I got it around 1979 so the 3x4 system was still around then. I can't recall whether I had to pay a fee. What prompted me to get a CB was a search for a student from my school who had vanished. The fellows with CB radios were far more efficient searchers so I decided then to get one. The student was found safe the next day in Toronto. He had run away over a bad report. He sure ruined a lot of people's evening, but it led to our forming a REACT Team a short time after with some of the searchers as founding members.