[REACT-LIST] Any One Want the World Wide REACT Net I Don't

Ron McCracken ron.mccr at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:50:25 EDT 2015

This may not be a complaint at all but a suggestion, perhaps a good one, about a slightly different way of doing check-ins. It would conserve air time, and that is an important courtesy in any Net but especially an emergency one. This chap offered to try Net Control so that would be an opportunity to try his check-in method.

Remember, in a disaster, you will almost certainly only use call signs to speed operations. Practising that in the Nets is likely a good idea. Only those new to the Net could be asked by Control for name, state, etc., to simplify and speed the process. Note also that in a disaster the Net Controller may not be the usual one.

Jay is very wise to give others experience as Net Control. Take advantage. As many as possible should tackle it so the Net will have as many experienced controllers as possible when chaos erupts. Each may do it slightly differently but that is not an issue. Working with various controllers is very valuable experience for all members of the net too. You want to be comfortable in as many different scenarios as possible. In an extended emergency, net members are going to work with several controllers so you want to be prepared. I see a number of positives here that can only enhance the Net as a great REACT resource. Be patient with one another. Blessings