[REACT-LIST] [REACTINTL] FW: World Wide REACT Net

ChuckTho at aol.com ChuckTho at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 11:24:49 EDT 2015

I'm not an Echolink user, but the concept that a ham operator cannot use
Echolink because of belonging to a group with too few hams sounds very, very
wrong. See http://www.echolink.org/

As best as I can determine, ANY licensed ham radio operator can use
Echolink. There may be some licensing requirements I don't know about (such as
being at least a Tech) but my limited research says that belonging to a group
is  irrelevant.

Chuck
KAD4253, N5IAG

PS: It also strikes me that LISTENING to any amateur radio  transmission
should be available to anyone, licensed or not.  ct

In a message dated 08Mar15 8:45:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,