[REACT-LIST] Cleveland County REACT Been Busy

Jay WA4JAY REACT Unit-1 react-unit-14 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 00:58:09 EDT 2015

To all my REACT and Amateur Radio friends I miss the REACT net Saturday Night we at Cleveland County REACT got busy Helping Shelby Police Close Down Highway 74 West bound at East Marion Street next to the Cleveland Mall do to a Accident 1 DOA 1 SUV and 1 Subaru outback and a Wall-Mart Tractor Trailer I got the call at 1642 Hr I was out there from 1658 Hr to 2159 Hr are REACT Team staying Busy Helping Shelby Police.
I will go Take Care and God Bless.
Jay Flora WA4JAYShelby, NC
SHELBY, NC Police have identified a man killed in a crash after he reportedly drove into an intersection and ran into a tractor trailer.The accident happened Saturday afternoon at the intersection of E. Marion Street and Dixon Blvd/Highway-74 West Bound.
Investigators say 59-year-old George “Jay” Allen Mebane, of Shelby, was traveling east on Marion Street toward Dixon Blvd driving a 2014 Subaru Outback. He reportedly veered off to the left and drove into the intersection hitting a tractor trailer.
The big truck wasn't moving at the time. The impact caused the tractor trailer to slide to the left, hitting another vehicle sitting in the other lane.Mebane was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The driver of the tractor trailer, 60-year-old Donald Decker, of Mint Hill, was taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center where he was evaluated and released with no injuries.
The driver of the third vehicle was not injured.
Police say charges have not been filed in the crash and the investigation is still underway.