[REACT-LIST] New PSA: People with Disabilities Preparing for Emergencies

Ron McCracken ron.mccr at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:12:29 EDT 2015

This first in a series of new PSA's from Ready will be useful to REACTers for safety displays, speaking engagements, etc. If your Team hasn't tried videos at safety displays, give them a go. Visuals attract attention and prompt people to stop. That gives you a chance to chat with them, offer them a REACT brochure or safety pamphlet, etc. Short videos are excellent 'ice breakers'.

    New PSA Focused on People with Disabilities Preparing for Emergencies

 The Ad Council and the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) have launched a new public service advertisement (PSA) to raise awareness about the importance of being prepared for emergencies. While the PSA targets all communities, We Prepare Every Day is the first in a series of videos that aim to deliver a strong preparedness message by showing people with disabilities taking charge to prepare themselves and their families for emergencies.

 We Prepare Every Day drives to Ready.gov/MyPlan and is an extension of FEMA’s Ready campaign with the Ad Council which has helped to generate more than 87 million unique visitors to the Ready.gov campaign website since its launch in 2003. The new PSA emphasizes the Ready campaign’s four building blocks of preparedness –Be Informed, Make a Plan, Build a Kit and Get Involved. The PSA will be available on the Ad Council and FEMA’s YouTube channels, as well as in the FEMA media library.

 To learn more, please click on the links below.

About the Campaign

PSA

Web Site

 We encourage you to share this with your friends and colleagues.

Questions?
Contact Us

STAY CONNECTED:

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES:

Manage Preferences

Unsubscribe

Help

Privacy Policy | GovDelivery is providing this information on behalf of U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and may not use the information for any other purposes.

This email was sent to ron.mccr at hotmail.com on behalf of: Ready Campaign · U.S. Department of Homeland Security · Washington, DC 20528 · 202-282-8000